Photo by Angelo Yap
Like 2015 and the years before it, 2016 is sure to have its ups and downs. Let these famous Star Wars quotes inspire you through the good times and the bad… because sometimes nothing can get you more motivated than a wrinkly green muppet.
- “Do or do not. There is no try.” — Yoda
Give yourself a reality check from time to time. Snap out of all those empty promises and half-assed resolutions and just step up to the plate. Remember, it’s your own time that you’re wasting not following through on what you start.
2. “Never tell me the odds.” — Han Solo
Sometimes things are better left unsaid. Shut down anyone that gets in your way. If your gut is telling you to go, go for it! Just make sure to see things through lest you suffer the dreaded “I told you so”.
3. “Your overconfidence is your weakness.” — Luke Skywalker
We get it, you’re the coolest dude around. Spoiler alert: nobody believes you. Confidence is a natural thing, not forced. Don’t try and shove your insecurities in everyone’s face just to get your message across.
4. “You want to go home and rethink your life…” — Obi-Wan Kenobi
Advice that is especially good after drinking one too many.
5. “I don’t know where you get your delusions, laser brain.” — Princess Leia
Don’t be an overconfident, pushy douchebag. Love the ladies, but there is no need to lay the act on thick.
6. “Yeah, I’m responsible now. The price you pay for being successful.” — Lando Calrissian
Modesty can be charming, but don’t completely dismiss your accomplishments. That crazy past you left behind for a well-paying desk job is still a part of you.
7. “Strike me down and I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.” — Obi- Wan Kenobi
I mean, you probably don’t want to say this in an actual fight, but metaphorically it could be pretty powerful.
8. “The Resistance Will Not Be Intimidated.” — Poe Dameron
See above. Maybe just say it to yourself in the mirror to keep yourself going. You know, when nobody is around…
9. “Stop Taking My Hand!” — Rey
DON’T BABY ME! Sometimes you just don’t need anybody’s help.
10. “Women Always Figure Out The Truth. Always.” — Han Solo
Not that you’d be lying in the first place…